- Hatchling Cheep (attack to random player): 30,000 -> 40,000 (Physical)
- Lay Egg (these will spawn into juveniles)
- Fledgling Cheep (attack to random player): 150,000 -> 200,000 (Physical)
- Juvenile Cheep: 200,000 -> 300,000 (Physical)
- Screech (if nest guardian is not actively engaged in combat): 150,000 physical, 30% casting speed reduction till next successful cast
Slimed (I believe that this debuff is only applied when the player intercepts bad food that looks green but I’m not 100% sure): 50,000/increased next slimed by 10% (Nature) -> 75,000/increased next slimed by 25% (Nature)
Talon Rake (Ji-Kun periodically hits the tank with this high damage attack): 175% physical damage, increases next talon rake damage by 50% for 60 seconds
Quills (AOE Damage, happens periodically): 88,000 -> 121,000 (Physical)
Caw (Ji-Kun sends out to 2 random players this attack, upon reaching the destination hits all players within 8 yards of impact): 300,000 -> 400,000 (Physical)
- Speed of Light (highly recommended)
- Holy Avenger (highly recommended)Hand of Purity/Clemency
- Holy Prism
- Beacon of Light
- Group 1 – 1 healer, 2 dps
- Group 2 – 1 healer, 2 dps
- Tank 1
- Tank 2
Nest 9/Nest 10 (D/U): Group 1 + Tank 2/Group 2
- Quills: On normal, I think it’s even possible not to heal someone for the whole duration without too much danger. This is not true on heroic. We actually stacked for some of these so we could heal through it. Any physical damage reduction spell you have should be used during quills. There is almost no other physical damage you should be getting hit with. Just a quick note is sometimes you will see the quills cooldown at the same time as down draft. He will in fact never do both of these at the same time, only one at a time. Don’t be afraid to use flash of light.
- Caw: On heroic caw hits for nearly 400K damage and it can be avoided. In fact it can be avoided on normal as well but the damage was so small it was unnecessary. Caw will have a cast time and you can see when the boss is doing it. Move as soon as he finishes casting and you should be able to avoid it and everyone should move to avoid it.
- Down Draft: Down draft is essentially the same as normal. Note that if you’re a dps and flying up to get the food debuff but staying on the main platform afterwards, you can use the feather to push yourself into the air and avoid downdraft completely. HOWEVER, please note that Ji-kun does not move. Therefore if the tank is out of his melee range he will turn and hit your dps so be careful doing this. It’s possible for the tank to do this as well which would make things a lot easier. As a holy paladin, Speed of Light makes you run the same speed as down draft for the whole duration so I would use this as a talent as it lets you position yourself nearly wherever you want rather than having to move to the center. Also note that he will caw sometimes before down draft and you will need to watch for this before clumping in.
- Feed Pools: this is no different from normal except for perhaps doing more damage. Make sure you stack these pools in the grate area as the groups will be moving along the edges of the circle to go from nest to nest. Your tanks should not soak these feed pools so make sure you position them well.
- Talon Rake: on heroic talon rake actually hits very hard. Tanks who are about to get hit with 3 talon rakes should pop a cooldown. Typically, you switch at 2 but we screwed up on one of our pulls and had our death knight take 5. In fact DKs are probably the only class who can safely take this many stacks of it. I would definitely not suggest stacking them. The Fatboss rotation should maintain that you get 3 at most. I just wanted to point this out because we know that in 5.0/5.1 bosses did not hit tanks for a lot. I think personally I got used to the idea that my beacon would pretty much heal up the tank. This is not true in heroic fights in 5.2. Ji-kun is only one example. You should precast your big heals for the talon rake which you can set DBM to track as Ji-Kun’s white attacks will hit for nearly 200K as well.
- – Infected Talons: on heroic this dot hits for a lot more. I’d recommend taking Hand of Purity even tho I didn’t depending on how well your tanks are doing at mitigating the damage.
Don’t have much advice on anything special for healing on this boss other than tank damage will be high and quills damage will high. Make sure to avoid caws and call them out so your raid knows to move. Try not to stack up for caw as you may end up running into a caw directed at someone else. At around 20% the groups should stop going to the nests and focus the boss down. If you can get to this phase, healers note that you will not be receiving damage from the flock which has spawned on the platforms. Be prepared for increasing AOE damage towards the end of the fight and pop all damage reduction/healing cooldowns you have. Continue to watch how you stack the green pools in a good location. You can do it!